The American Rifle Company of World War 2 proved the spearhead of the battalion and evolved along with the conflict. Initially, the Company consisted of six officers to 187 enlisted personnel though, by June of 1945, this was rewritten as 6 officers to 236 enlisted men. The platoon was armed with M1 Garands self-loading rifles, M1 Carbine semi-automatic rifles, .45 caliber pistol sidearms and 60mm infantry mortars (the latter as part of the 'mortar section'). Snipers (those individual elements with scoped M1903 Springfield bolt-action rifles) were assigned by the platoon leader to the best marksman in the platoon and submachine guns were assigned as required / available in place of an M1 Garand service rifle. Hand grenades were standard for each infantryman. Three rifleman were further equipped with muzzle adapters for firing rifle grenades.
Specialized groups were then assigned to 'assault sections'. Flamethrower teams were made up of three personnel that included an NCO, the flamethrower 'handler' and his direct assistant. A wire cutter team was made up of four personnel - one NCO and three 'wiremen'. An 81mm mortar team consisted of four personnel - one squad leader, one gunner and his assistant gunner as well as one ammunition handler. Medics were unarmed and staffed by the Battalion Surgeon. American field surgeons were regarded as among the best of any army fielded in the whole of World War 2.
There are a total of 16 U.S. WW2 Infantry Rifle Company Weapons (1941-1945) in the Military Factory. Entries are listed below in alphanumeric order (1-to-Z). Flag images indicative of country of origin and not necessarily the primary operator.