Miscellaneous 2010 Pay Scale Chart Notes
More stuff you should know per the Department of Defense.
1) Basic pay for an O-7 to O-10 is limited by Level II of the Executive Schedule which is $14,975.10. Basic pay for O-6 and below is limited by Level V of the Executive Schedule which is $12,141.60.
2) While serving as Chairman, Joint Chief/Vice Chairman, Joint Chief of Staff, Chief of Navy Operations, Commandant of the Marine Corps, Army/Air Force Chief of Staff, Commander of a unified or specified combatant command, basic pay is $19,983.60 (See note 1 above).
3) Applicable to O-1 to O-3 with at least 4 years and 1 day of active duty or more than 1460 points as a warrant and/or enlisted member. See Department of Defense Financial Management Regulations for more detailed explanation on who is eligible for this special basic pay rate.
4) For the Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy, Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force, Sergeant Major of the Army or Marine Corps or Senior Enlisted Advisor of the JCS, basic pay is $7,386.30. Combat Zone Tax Exclusion for O-1 and above is based on this basic pay rate plus Hostile Fire Pay/Imminent Danger Pay which is $225.00.
5) Applicable to E-1 with 4 months or more active duty. Basic pay for an E-1 with less than 4 months of active duty is $1,338.60.
6) Basic pay rate for Academy Cadets/Midshipmen and ROTC members/applicants is $960.90.
Disclaimer: MilitaryFactory.com is not responsible of typographical errors or changes to the pay scale. The pay scales presented on this page are presented as a service to our users. Though we attempt to keep this page up to date with each coming new year, the product is still presented "as is" as MilitaryFactory.com does not present an official or endorsed United States Department of Defense (DoD) source.